My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chromakeylife.com/'> http://chromakeylife.com and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Borders

When I was in college none of my photography classes were for digital photography. All of the time I spent perfecting my dark room skills seems like a waste now. I remember the first time I saw a print from someone who had superior darkroom capabilities. It was my wife's friend who lives in Brenham, TX. Some of her prints had really neat borders that gave them an antique quality. [You can find her blog here:Shady Acre Blog] I still don't know how she put those borders on in the dark room, but I have been looking for a way to recreate them digitally. I used TTV frames to create a cool border on the pictures below. The bridge is on the way to Round Top, TX just outside of Brenham.








1 comment:

  1. Ross, I love all your new photos! The water drops are very impressive! I can't wait to see more of your experiments!
    The borders you're talking about are one of the things I miss most about the darkroom! The visible black edges are actually the edge of the film that contains no image. To get the rugged edge, I took a metal rasp and scraped/"sanded" the edges of the negative holder. Each image printed using that holder would have my exact edges--it's like a photographer's signature. Besides being a beautiful frame for the photo, it also shows the viewer that you shot the image full-frame instead of cropping it during printing.
    I hope you feel better soon!

    -Natalie at TheShadyAcre.com

    ReplyDelete