My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chromakeylife.com/'> http://chromakeylife.com and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, June 11, 2011

Water Drops

I remember the first time I saw pictures like these. I thought they were so incredibly beautiful. The amount of form and structure in each little drop overwhelmed me. The ability to freeze that split second of shape seemed unachievable to an amateur like me. I really wanted to learn how to shoot water drops. To make these pictures I used a tripod, ziplock sack, duct tape, long stick, and a few different colored backgrounds. I also used my Nikon SB-600 (external flash) in wireless mode. Basically, I can put the flash anywhere in the room (not attached to the camera body) and it will fire when I press the shutter release. It's called commander mode and it's a feature that my D40 body didn't have. I am excited to find new uses for wireless flash control.














































































No comments:

Post a Comment