My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://chromakeylife.com/'> http://chromakeylife.com and update your bookmarks.


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Editing

I mentioned the new camera body but I've never really mentioned editing. The first copy of Photoshop I ever used was Photoshop 7.0 in 2003. I couldn't believe how amazing all the built in filters were and I loved using the clone tool. I spent hours editing photos, sometimes at 350% pixel by pixel.  When I look at those pictures I now realize that the finished product looked worse most of time. I never really knew when to stop. Now I use the most current edition of photoshop (CS5) and a MacBook Pro instead of a PC. Ironically I try to keep any editing extremely basic. I do love the new "Content-Aware" features of CS5 but I mainly just crop, rotate and play with curves (i do still give into editing temptation sometimes).

I just recently started playing with the curves after reading an article about tone. Now I use curves for B&W edits and to create a soft vintage look. I took this picture at the park by our house while taking Ollie for a walk. I have also been reading about sun flares. This is my first attempt to capture a sun flare.


Here is the Original

After minimal editing

No comments:

Post a Comment